Eye Care Expert Forum
Constant twitching or pulsating under the right eye.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

What are the possible causes of constant twitching or pulsating under the right eye? I can't feel the movement. It does not move my eyelid at all, but is constant twitch below the eye and above the cheekbone in the that crease that almost looks like an artery or something. It has being going on for almost 5 days now. 4 days ago a blood vessel pooped in my eye causiing a blood spot which is now dissipating. I am thinking this has something to do with my sinuses as I had a cold 2 weeks ago and lingering nasal congestion. My head feels pretty clear now, however, and has been for the past couple of days. I am not finding much information on this type of twitching online or with personal experience.
Most of the time it will go away.  Stress, sleep deprivation, and caffeine may be associated in some cases in my experience.  If it does not go away in a few days or worsens, go see an ophthalmologist.

HV