Eye Care Expert Forum
Explanation

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Explanation
Hi there

Sorry english is not my mother tongue...

Since I was born I have a defect in my right eye. I have the "peripheral visual field" working perfectly, but no "centre gaze". I am 40 now and I allways was told that there is a problem with the eye-nerves (no idea what exactly). Now my question is has technology made progress? Is there any hopes to address this somehow?

Thanks,
Pit
It is very hard to say without a complete exam.  I would recommend a comprehensive exam with an ophthalmologist; you might need to see a neuro-ophthalmologist and have some testing like MRI and visual field.