Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye is red and very sore

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye is red and very sore
I noticed the upper part of my eye ball getting red about Thursday so I stopped wearing my contacts.  Since then I've noticed it being a little sore when I lightly press on the top lid.  Today (Sunday) it seems to be even more sore and very sensitive to light.  Its making my head above it and my cheek below it ache. This evening it has been a constant ache, though it does seem to help when I close my eye.  I do plan to call the dr. in the a.m. but was wondering if anyone might know what the problem may be?
Dear roac8362,

I would recommend that you seek the care of an eyeMD. It is possible you have an infection or inflammation causing this and definitely require care.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California