Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye pain and light sensitivity

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye pain and light sensitivity

Just looking for answers why my eyes hurt and my eyes are very sensitive to light and I have pressure in between my eyes. A couple of weeks ago I started having sharp pains in my left eye and seeing a bright light that flashed every so often.  I went to my eye doctor and he put me on eye drops for dry eyes and said I had rocesa that I never knew I had.  I was also on a antibiotic eye drop for an infection.  He said I had dandruff in my eyes and to wash my eyes with baby shampoo and put my eye drops in 4 times a day.  Well my eyes felt better for a while until a couple of days ago they started to hurt again and I can't stand lights.  The sun burns my eyes and just lights in a building hurts so bad it gives me a headache that makes me feel sick.  I have blue eyes and larger than normal pupils, which is hereditary in my family.  All the women on my mom's side of the family and my daughters all have large pupils.  I went back to the eye doctor today and he ran tests on my eyes and couldn't find anything wrong.  Now he wants a MRI to find out if there's something wrong with my brain.  I'm not sure what to do.  I just want to get rid of the eye pain, headaches, and the sensitivity to light.  Please help.  Thanks.