Eye Care Expert Forum
Eye trauma

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eye trauma
Hi. I was hit by a speedy cricket ball in the right eye. The injury is just external, But, I have started to grow some complications. I am getting a tingling feeling under my right nostril and the part of lip surrounding it, and also below the portion of eye lid. What could be the reason for it? Please respond as soon as possible.
It is possible that you suffered an orbital floor fracture with involvement of the infraorbital nerve.  This could cause the symptoms you are experiencing.  You need to see an ophthalmologist who is a specialist in oculoplastics and orbital diseases.  A CT scan will probably be needed to make the diagnosis.