Eye Care Expert Forum
Eyes move up and down

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Eyes move up and down
What could possibly cause my vision to move up and down? I have no nystigma, I'm also constantly dizzy and have spouts of vertigo lasting 5 seconds. Typically when I move to fast or see traffic go by. I've seen an ent dr and neurologist and have done many tests which all come back normal.

When i close My eyes, they  feel like they are moving in and out. And when I stare at anything that's when the vision moves up and down about 6 inches. ( Like im on a boat ). They also feel as if I'm wearing someone else's glasses. And at night my symptoms get worse.
I would see a neuro-ophthalmologist for a complete exam.  This doctor should be able to tell you what is wrong, and if any further testing is needed.