Eye Care Expert Forum
Flomax post-cataract surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Flomax post-cataract surgery
I've never taken Flomax, but my urologist informs me that taking it now may benefit passing a calculus in the distal ureter. I had my last of two cataract surgeries with astigamism correction and Torec lens implants 2 months ago. I understand IFIS may occur during or post-surgery in patients already taking tamsulosin, which the surgeon needs to be aware of. However, I'm assuming it is safe to take Flomax 2 months after successful cataract surgery? Thank you.
Yes, it's fine.  Flomax makes cataract surgery much more technically difficult to perform.  Since you've already had both eyes operated on, this is a non-issue.