Eye Care Expert Forum
Lump in lower inner eyelid is not hurting though

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Ok so a few months ago i was looking at some pics i had taken of my self and notice how in the inner bottom left eyelid it looked swollen. Kinda freaked me out a lil cause i have had a sty b4 knew it couldn't be that cause i have  no pain.  Well i have actually kind of forgot All abt due to my very busy career & single mommy life, until one of my residents where i manage at said to me while we were talking ohh do u have a sty in ur eye!!! So of course I automatically knew what he was tlkn abt... So here i Am really curious has to what it could be and then i have always had headaches but they have been alot worse and a whole lot more often here lately????? Lol whats wrong with my pretty green eyes????
A non-painful chronic lump in the eye lid could be a chalazion, which is a blockage of one of the oil glands.  Treatment consists of warm compresses, massage, and medication.  Occasionally these need to be drained, which can be done in the office.  I would recommend that you have an eye exam by an ophthalmologist to determine exactly what is going on.