Eye Care Expert Forum
Moraxella lacunata treatment
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Moraxella lacunata treatment

Hello! I was looking for some advice. A few months ago, I was diagnosed with an eye infection caused by "moderate development of Moxarella lacunata." I went to the ophthalmologist, who prescribed Zypred (0.3% gatifloxacin + 1% prednisolone acetate), 4 times/day for a week then once a day for a week, then Celunaf (naphazoline) once every 8 hours for two months, along with a Centrum every day (?). Unfortunately, after finishing the 4 times/day treatment I missed 4-5 days before applying the drops once per day for a week. I've been applying the Zypred drops since them, for about a week and a half now, along with the Celunaf. The infection doesn't seem to be going away, though, and the ophthalmologist isn't cheap so I thought I'd look around first before having to shell out for another consult. I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Tags: Moraxella lacunata, conjunctivitis, eye infection, Eye Treatment, naphazoline ophthalmic, gatifloxacin, Morax-Axenfeld diplobacillus
1731421 tn?1358826971
I'm sorry it has returned. I would seek a second opinion. You need an ophthalmologist to examine your eyes.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
tmcgaritymd.com
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker