Eye Care Expert Forum
Problems after Secondary Cataract Surgery
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Problems after Secondary Cataract Surgery

I had the CrystalLens implant in my right eye a few years ago. I was told I may have to have a secondary cataract surgery. I went for this procedure 3 months ago. That afternoon, when I came home, I had a terrible migraine, and ended up vomiting until I was dehydrated and had to go to the ER.

I went to see my doctor 2 months later because my vision was still not clear and my pupil had become an unusual oblong shape. I had the odd sensation (and poor vision) like a contact lense was not moving with my eye when I looked in different directions. I still have a cloudiness in my right eye, as if I'm looking through wax paper. My doctor told me that my problem was due to floaters, which could take up to a year to clear up. However, after doing a little research on "floaters," I don't believe that is what I'm experiencing. I also get an occasional flash of light out of the corner of my right eye.

Do these symptoms sound typical after having had the secondary cataract laser surgery? I'm concerned that I may have suffered permanent eye damage due to this surgery.