Eye Care Expert Forum
Strange effects in my peripheral vision after Argon Laser.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Hi. I have snowflake vitreoretinal degeneration and I done Argon Laser last week as a prevention of future retinal tears and detachments.
It is about 5 days after that procedure and I see something strange in my peripheral vision. It is something like light reflections on water waves. It is not brief flashes. I wonder what is that ... is it an effect after the Argon laser or symptoms of retinal tears or detachment?
Tags: Argon laser, peripheral vision
Call your retina specialist and let him know.  You may need a repeat exam to make sure everything is OK.

HV