Eye Care Expert Forum
Strange effects in my peripheral vision after Argon Laser.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Hi. I have snowflake vitreoretinal degeneration and I done Argon Laser last week as a prevention of future retinal tears and detachments.
It is about 5 days after that procedure and I see something strange in my peripheral vision. It is something like light reflections on water waves. It is not brief flashes. I wonder what is that ... is it an effect after the Argon laser or symptoms of retinal tears or detachment?
Call your retina specialist and let him know.  You may need a repeat exam to make sure everything is OK.

HV