Eye Care Expert Forum
Viral Conjunctivitis

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Viral Conjunctivitis
I have been suffering from conjunctivitis in both eyes for 4 months now.  I've been to the doctor twice and the steroid drops prescribed did not resolve it.  I realize it is not typical for this to last so long.  However, can something like this go on for this long?  It is possible that this is something else? My doctor doesn't seem to think it could be anything else.  I have no idea what to do to resolve it.  I have no other health problems and am a pretty healthy adult.
If you wear contact lens, it is almost assuredly your contacts causing this chronic conjunctivitis. If you do not wear contacts see an ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea and external eye disease. It is very important to see a physician MD  (ophthalmologist).

JCH III MD