Eye Care Expert Forum
Why are my eyes pulsating?
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why are my eyes pulsating?

I've never seen this in my eyes before and the optometrist didn't say anything when I went on Tuesday about this. My eyes have been bothering me for 2-3 weeks feeling dry. I don't remember looking closely at them for a while too. The optometrist said that I had surface dry eyes and to apply drops. He gave me drops from his office said they were best. I applied some last night and the itch got a bit worse. So I closely looked at my eyes and notice then that my pupils were dilating back and forth, pulsating would well describe it. Am I reacting to that or blood pressure? Then again they checked my eyes for the blood pressure and he said I had some in the past (pregnancy) but now was fine.

This morning they are still pulsating but not as intensily but they are really stinging so I"m wondering if I should put more of those drop or visine instead. Also when I looked at the white in my eyes I could see color swirls kinda like you see in a gasoline puddle. Weird and a bit worrysome of the stuff I put in my eyes.