Eye Care Expert Forum
eyes turn red

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

eyes turn red
I was wanting to know why my eyes are turn red when at night when i am going to tak emy contact lenses out. I am trying a sample pair since i just got the contact lens fitting and exam. It happens with the Acuvue 2 and also the Biovinity also.
Could be the result of a reaction to the contact lens solution or poor tolerance of the contact lens.  Would bring this to the attention of the provider prescribing the contact lens so they can find the optimum choice of lens or to exclude any other preexisting issues with your eyes that would affect the ocular surface.