Eye Care Expert Forum
light sensitivity and pain from light

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

light sensitivity and pain from light
i can not work on my computer monitor. i have sensitivity and eye pain from my monitor(lcd or crt) . and I have pain and sensitivity from bright lights.
I go to many doctors and get eye drops for dry eye and inflammation and nothing happened i still bad.
i don not have migraine or sinusitis . I want to help me get a solution to work on computer because i need computer in my work.
I have nearsightedness and i can not wear eye glasses in my vision(3.0) because it increase brightness and make my eye sensitive
i wear with my old vision (-2.0)
Assuming you have no medical eye problems accounting for your symptoms and if your old glasses provides some relief, perhaps you need glasses specifically for intermediate vision at the computer or some form of progressive or trifocal lens.