Eye Care Expert Forum
red goopy eye
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

red goopy eye

i have hed one red eye for about 3 weeks. At first i thought it was pink eye and my doctor gave me some drops. He told me if it is pink eye then it should be gone in 7-10 days. It did seem to get better, but now it has 3 weeks and the one eye is still goopy, swollen and red. I have never suffered allergies in my eyes. I am wondering what else it could be and if it could be a more serious problem in my body. I am stumped and i can't get another doctors apt. for a month. Please help. I would appreciate any suggestions
Related Discussions
284078_tn?1282620298
I'm sorry about your problems, but you should try to be seen sooner than three weeks.  Make sure to see an ophthalmologsit to find out what is going on since you probably just saw your primary care doctor.  There are several possibilities, but I cannot diagnose you over this forum.  I am concerned about your symptoms and urge that you get seen in person as soon as possible since your eyes are so precious.

Michael Kutryb, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker