Eye Care Expert Forum
starburst in the eyes

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

starburst in the eyes
I was outside working and I came in for lunch when I noticed that the lights and people's faces were either surrounded by a starburst looking effect or the face was entirely blocked out. After I was in for a while the conditon was gone and things were back to normal. Is this caused by low blood sugar or what could be causing this to happen all at once?
Do a little research on visual migraines since that could be what you experienced.  There are other more serious things that are less common.  You need to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam to find out exactly what you had.