Epstein Barr Virus?
My 16 year old has been extremely fatigued for a month - 3 blood tests have only confirmed that she had an incidence of mono at some point that can't be determined.  blood tests have ruled out lyme, thyroid, anemia problems.  the pediatricians we're using don't seem to have an answer.  she was feeling a bit livlier over the past 5 days, but woke up again fatigued and "achey", mostly in her legs.   I just want to know what my next move should be, as we're very frustrated.
If mono has been diagnosed, it can sometimes take several months before the effects have completely alleviated.  You may want to inquire about an infectious disease consult to evaluate further treatment and evaluation.  

In most cases, supportive treatment (i.e. Tylenol) is all that's needed, but there are some controversial studies that may suggest benefit with steroids or antiviral treatment.

You may want to discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
A related discussion, Long term mono was started.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.