Family Health Expert Forum
Plueral Thickening
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Plueral Thickening

I am a 36 year old female who just recently had a C.T. scan done of the abdomen.  My results were given to me on Monday, and all with the abdomen are okay.  However, they found that I have plueral thickening of the lungs.  

I have been treated with allergy induced asthma since October of 2001.  I take two puffs of Azmacort twice a day and one puff of Serevent twice a day for my asthma, along with allergy shots once every two to three weeks.  

However, in the last 5 months I've complained about my breathing still.  Now, we moved into a new apartment in August 2000.  New construction.  I believe this is where I might have been exposed to Asbestos.  I currently work in a plant that makes Corelle dishes, but do not use absetos anymore, but could have remnants of asbestos left in the building.  

Is this treatable?  And will my inhalers need to be changed because they don't seem to be working anymore.

Do you know how I can find out if there is asbestos in my apartment?

Thanks,
  Sue Richmond