Family Health Expert Forum
Spasm in my right testicle.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

Spasm in my right testicle.

Hello Doctor,

I'm a 27 year old male in good health. Today I noticed that while seated at work I started getting this spasm feeling in the bottom of my right testicle. The sharp and instant spasm feels like a sharp spasm that starts underneath my right testicle and it runs towards my inner right thigh. Today is the first day I've noticed this and I have no other symptom. There is no noticable bump on my testicle or nothing. And I have noticed that I have only felt it when I'm sitting down. What do you think this could be? Is it because I'm squishing my testicles too tight and it's a spasm of the nerve? Could I just be a little paranoid or is there something that I should look at a little closer. Any assist or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Related Discussions
Hi there,
Any time someone is having testicular pain, it really should be examined in person by a physician.  It is possible that your symptoms are from something simple like compression when sitting down, but there are several other causes of testicular pain that should be ruled out, some of which are quite serious (but don't sound like your case).  Testicular torsion is an emergency, but generally causes severe pain and swelling, and is more common in teens; something like testicular cancer rarely causes pain, so these serious causes are unlikely with you.
It is possible that you have epidydimitis (the most common cause of testicular pain in your age group), an infection that can be treated with antibiotics, or maybe a varicocele, which is a dilation of the veins in the scrotum, which can cause infertility and be treated surgically (this is ususally more of a throbbing or heaviness rather than sharp pains).  

Your problem may be nothing at all to worry about, but like I say, you should really have it looked at if it is not resolved over the next day or two, or sooner if the pain is worsening, or you are having nausea, vomitting, fever, or any other worrisome symptoms.

Good luck,

Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
Christina Palmer, M.D.Blank
University of California San Francisco
MedHelp Health Answers
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...
Mar 26 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
Vaginal vs. Laparoscopic Hysterecto...
Feb 19 by J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
The Death by Heroin
Feb 03 by Julia M Aharonov, DOBlank