Family Health Expert Forum
Tetanus infection
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tetanus infection

Hello

Should I seek medical attention is my question.  Approximately 6 days ago while working in asia, I sustained an abrasion  injury to my right foot either from equipment placed in or exiting a swimming pool.  This was not a hotel pool,  It is used for safety training.

The wound bled quite a bit, and there was only a very basic medical kit available.  The local people were eager to help and tried to put anything they could find on the wound which I  tried to stop.  I treated it as Best I could, but it was not very hygienic I retreated it several hours later and continue to treat it each day.

The next day I noticed I felt a bit of weakness, which seems to come and go plus fatigue: I just feel down occasionally . I have no fever,  occasionally experience some minor  twitching in my hand and foot (which I have experienced before) and yesterday noticed my right jaw seemed sore and a little tight when I open my mouth and this continues.

I am in the UK now, and as you might guess do a lot of traveling.  Im sure some of this could be attributed to jet lag and stress,  but it has been more than ten years since my last tetanus booster shot.  Do you think Tetanus is possible and when, if I should at all, seek medical attention.  

I also was wondering where in London or ?,  I could go for treatment if necessary?

Cheers!