Family Health Expert Forum
oxycontin addiction

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

oxycontin addiction

i've been using well abusing oxycontin for a little over a year.obviusly when i run out i take any other opiate i can get my hands on.i'm not prescribed these anymore and i went to my doc and he would not do anything as far as helping me taper down.now i have access to o.c.20,40mg, percoset 5mg and 10 mg.and vicoden5 mg.i just want to know the protocol for tapering down off of these the quickest and least painful way.thank you,eddiedrummer
I can't give specific therapeutic advice over the internet.

I would discuss a tapering regimen with your pain specialist or personal physician.  

I will contact administration to refund your question.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
my girlfriend had back surgery and was taking oxycontin , and noticed a strange crawling sensation at times in her legs and arms, which she felt was very uncomfortable. What she didn't know was she was developing an addiction, the doctors just thought it was more pain, so gave her more. She became addicted, and is now trying to get off. What I wanted to warn you about, is her body decided to attack the invader, the drug, and instead attacked her blood. Now she has a terrible illness, and has to take immunoglobulin IV each month or so , which costs tens of thousands of dollars, and her husband is loosing his job and coverage, They are loosing their house. She also developed guillian barre syndrome, a slow paralytic process . You need to stop as soon as possible, you're health and life is at stake. Good Luck.