GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
Swollen Tonsils with GORD
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Tonsils with GORD

Hi, i was diagnosed with gastric reflux in march after a gastroscopy and when i asked about getting swollen tonsils along with the indigestion and heartburn they said it was all connected.

So i wondered has anyone else experienced this? and what helped relieve it? the swelling in my throat goes away eventually but its come back atm and really bothering me. I havent yet got medication for my GORD as ive had other things to sort out but ive been controlling my diet by cutting down dairy intake which has helped a great deal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Related Discussions
620923 tn?1452919248
Hi......yes it is possible for gerd to  affect ur tonsils and ur vocal cords as well.

It will cause a froggy sounding voice......

I see u mention u r avoiding dairy, but it is not the only food that may cause u issues...please see our Health pages here on MedHelp for the lifestyle changes as well as  safe foods and foods to avoid.

"selma"
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
370181 tn?1428180348
Blank
RubyWitch I am no longer accepting HI... Comment
May 04
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
587083 tn?1327123862
Blank
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02
Top Digestive Answerers
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank