Throat clearing problem
I'm a 27 yo female and have been having major problems with throat clearing AND throat drainage.  I'm not 100% sure that this is being caused by GERD or chronic post nasal drip, and need some advice on what to do.  Here is what's going on:

Back from 2007-2008, I was having recurring stomach pains.  Kinda of like cramping/nausea, but with no other symptoms.  Had a sonogram and some test where they looked at gall bladder uptake, with negative results for both.  After about a year or more of this, the problem just "went away" on its own and I stopped having symptoms.  (Don't know if this has anything to do with problems, but thought I would throw it in).

In September 2009, I moved to a new house.  In November, I started having this constant annoying, non-productive cough with constant throat clearing.  Went to see PCP and she diagnosed acid reflux.  She put me on meds.  Tried all sorts of OTC products with no help.  Finally went to see GI doctor about February 2010.  We kept changing up my meds, with nothing helping at all.  Some days were not so bad as others.

March 2010, I had an endoscopy done.  The GI doctor said he didn't see any hiatal hernia, and that there was not any major redness indicating reflux.  Kept on having problems, and finally in July 2010, had a 24 hour pH test.  Of course during the whole 24 hour test, I didn't have any problems at all with throat clearning or coughing.  The tests results showed that reflux was under control.  Then also, of course, as soon as I was done with the test, went to eat and started coughing and throat clearing again.

A couple of weeks after the pH test, while I was taking prescription omeprazole (20 mg I think), twice daily, my symptoms improved a lot.  Hardly any coughing or throat clearing.  My doctor told me that I could continue on the omeprazole once daily, which I did.  I have been fine, up until about May 2011.

Now, I have been dealing with the annoying coughing and throat clearing all over again.  I also began to notice that I have this horrible feeling of drainage most of the time down the back of my throat.

I'm not sure what to do next.  Back in 2010 when I was having symptoms, I had negative chest x-ray, negative H. pylori, negative for gluten allergies, and went to see one ENT doctor and also an asthma doctor, and they couldn't find anything wrong.  I also went to see an allergist in March this year, and had a skin test which diagnosed that I have common allergies I already knew about(cats, dogs, mold, pollen, etc).  I have tried mucinex, prescription nasal sprays, netti pots- you name it, I've tried it.  I also take zyrtec daily.  

I really would love to start feeling normal again, but don't know where to start.  I hate going to all these different doctors and spending all my money, just to have them basically say they don't know what's wrong.

Any suggestions?

Well it is a vicious cycle....I too had PND that aggravated my GERD too...saline nasal drops did help as well as modifying diet, and lifestyle changes that will deff help...such as elevating the bed....especially with PND.

U will also want to avoid things that will thicken the mucus....dairy, OJ...etc.... check out the Health Pages for more info~http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236

"selma"