esophogeal spasm?
I ocasionaly experience, often at dinner time, at the beginning of a meal. I swallow a bite of food and suddenly my esophogus seems to clamp down, painfully.  I stop eating and breath deeply and sometimes it passes. But sometimes, especially if I keep eating  so much mucous bubbles up that I have to spit up the food for relief. This seems to occur mostly with meat. I experience it eating a pork chop this morning, stopped, ate cheese and was fine. Then I ate more pork chop and had the tightening etc. Could this be an allergy? Or anxiety?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

If u have a reflux issue and the pork chop was fried it could be the grease causing this issue....

U really should see a Dr to find the root cause of ur GERD, and in the meantime try to eat healthy and exercise.

See the health pages for tips on diet and lifestyle modifications u can make to help with these symptoms, http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236