GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
esophogeal spasm?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

esophogeal spasm?

I ocasionaly experience, often at dinner time, at the beginning of a meal. I swallow a bite of food and suddenly my esophogus seems to clamp down, painfully.  I stop eating and breath deeply and sometimes it passes. But sometimes, especially if I keep eating  so much mucous bubbles up that I have to spit up the food for relief. This seems to occur mostly with meat. I experience it eating a pork chop this morning, stopped, ate cheese and was fine. Then I ate more pork chop and had the tightening etc. Could this be an allergy? Or anxiety?

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

If u have a reflux issue and the pork chop was fried it could be the grease causing this issue....

U really should see a Dr to find the root cause of ur GERD, and in the meantime try to eat healthy and exercise.

See the health pages for tips on diet and lifestyle modifications u can make to help with these symptoms, http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/list?cid=236
Gastro Tracker
Gastro
50-Year Cover-Up
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
Joel78 is frustrated, aching, tire... Comment
May 26
christineyvette Derealization is the WORST Comment
May 26