GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
gerd and fibroid surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.

gerd and fibroid surgery

good day,

i am due to have laparoscopic surgery in a couple of months for a large (7cm) fibroid.

last year i had erosive gastritis and mild (grade A esophagitis).

i am off medicines for 4 months now and have resumed a normal diet.

question is will there be a problem in my surgery in terms of reflux ? I mean does my risk of complications (i.e pneumonia etc.. ) increase since i have reflux ?or do they know how to go around this problem ?

tks

Hi...u should speak with ur Drs in regards to ur concerns...teh only thing I am aware of is drugs and meds used during surgeries can cause a flare up of reflux/GERD.

So be prepared and modify ur diet post op to help it calm down and ask ur dr about possibly trying probiotics post op to help get the natural balance back to ur digestive track.

Good luck and post an update

"selma"

Good luck and post an update

"selma"
Gastro Tracker
Gastro