Gastroenterology Community
12 Year old with constant Stomachache
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

12 Year old with constant Stomachache

Good day. I am absolutely desperate!!!!
My 12 yr old son has been suffering from stomach-ache for the past 5 years and the doctors and Paediatrician cannot find out what is wrong with him. He was diagnosed with IBS about 3 years ago and took medication for it, but to no avail. He had a Gastroscopy and Barium meal but they could find nothing physically wrong with him. We tried to take him off Gluten, but there was also no relief. He gets these stomach-aches 2 - 3 times a day (was 5-6 times a day), for no reason??? Sometimes it gets worse if he drinks water too fast or has too much (he drinks about 2 litres of water a day) No specific food causes it. His stomach however gets very sore when he gets hot.

The pain is in and below the belly-button area. It is a constant pain, varying in strength. He does not really get that much cramps, although they do come every so often.

Once every three months he has a VERY bad episode, where he vomits and is in excruciating agony for up to 3 days. Little or no relief is found from Myprodols. Nothing else gives at least a little relief. We "assume" that this is a stomach migraine. The Paediatricians gave him Periactin, but it gave no relief, only side affects of bad drowsiness.
Please please please please help!!!!
Absolutely Desperate Mom