12 Year old with constant Stomachache
Good day. I am absolutely desperate!!!!
My 12 yr old son has been suffering from stomach-ache for the past 5 years and the doctors and Paediatrician cannot find out what is wrong with him. He was diagnosed with IBS about 3 years ago and took medication for it, but to no avail. He had a Gastroscopy and Barium meal but they could find nothing physically wrong with him. We tried to take him off Gluten, but there was also no relief. He gets these stomach-aches 2 - 3 times a day (was 5-6 times a day), for no reason??? Sometimes it gets worse if he drinks water too fast or has too much (he drinks about 2 litres of water a day) No specific food causes it. His stomach however gets very sore when he gets hot.

The pain is in and below the belly-button area. It is a constant pain, varying in strength. He does not really get that much cramps, although they do come every so often.

Once every three months he has a VERY bad episode, where he vomits and is in excruciating agony for up to 3 days. Little or no relief is found from Myprodols. Nothing else gives at least a little relief. We "assume" that this is a stomach migraine. The Paediatricians gave him Periactin, but it gave no relief, only side affects of bad drowsiness.
Please please please please help!!!!
Absolutely Desperate Mom
depending on where you live...at UC davis and UCSF medical there are basically the real doctor houses i have had multiple friends with GI problems they say UCSF and UC Davis found out what was wrong with them when nobody else could...sorry i cant help more