Aa
A
A
Close
12 Year old with constant Stomachache
Good day. I am absolutely desperate!!!!
My 12 yr old son has been suffering from stomach-ache for the past 5 years and the doctors and Paediatrician cannot find out what is wrong with him. He was diagnosed with IBS about 3 years ago and took medication for it, but to no avail. He had a Gastroscopy and Barium meal but they could find nothing physically wrong with him. We tried to take him off Gluten, but there was also no relief. He gets these stomach-aches 2 - 3 times a day (was 5-6 times a day), for no reason??? Sometimes it gets worse if he drinks water too fast or has too much (he drinks about 2 litres of water a day) No specific food causes it. His stomach however gets very sore when he gets hot.

The pain is in and below the belly-button area. It is a constant pain, varying in strength. He does not really get that much cramps, although they do come every so often.

Once every three months he has a VERY bad episode, where he vomits and is in excruciating agony for up to 3 days. Little or no relief is found from Myprodols. Nothing else gives at least a little relief. We "assume" that this is a stomach migraine. The Paediatricians gave him Periactin, but it gave no relief, only side affects of bad drowsiness.
Please please please please help!!!!
Absolutely Desperate Mom
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
depending on where you live...at UC davis and UCSF medical there are basically the real doctor houses i have had multiple friends with GI problems they say UCSF and UC Davis found out what was wrong with them when nobody else could...sorry i cant help more
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources