Gastroenterology Community
12 year old daughter complains of stomach pains

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My 12 year old daughter has been complaining of stomach pains for about 1 year now.  It comes and goes.  Usually starts in the morning ( yes she has missed the first period of school quite a bit this year).  She was about 25 pounds overweight but went on a diet and lost that plus more in the last year.  She now weighs around 95 pounds and is 5'4" and looks good.  I figured it was hunger pains because she sometimes didn't want to eat ( yes I did try to force/beg ) - anyhow she is now eating normal - though not as much as she used to.  She seems to eat well when it is something she likes and doesn't complain about stomach problems.  Seems to be most in the morning on school days.  Checked with school and she seems to be happy with lots of friends and does well in school - though she is a bit of a perfectionist.  Not sure where to go with this .....so any answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

This discussion is related to My 10 year old son.