Gastroenterology Community
Abdominal Pain - No Diagnosis

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Abdominal Pain - No Diagnosis

Hello.  My wife is 29 years old and in good health.  In late February she went to the doctor with abdominal pain on her right side.  They did 2 CT scans and a colonoscopy and all showed inflammation of the small intestine and slight inflammation of the appendix.  They removed her appendix and that was supposed to fix her issues.  After about 6 weeks, the pain still persisted.  Since then, she has had another CT scan, a barium test, another colonoscopy and a capsule endoscopy.  All of the tests showed inflammation of the intestines, except for the capsule endoscopy.  The doctors say it is not Crohn's disease.  Does anyone have any experience with this type of problem?  If so, what can cause inflammed intestines and severe chronic abdominal pain other than Crohn's or IBS?  This has been going on for over 3 months and still no answers.....
Avatar n tn
I am a 36 year old mother of two young boys.  A year ago, I went to the ER after suffering from severe abdominal pain.  They sent me home and said it was "full of ****" literally.  I went home and the pain still persisted. I had a CT Scan that showed a blockage.  My surgeon decided to do exploratory surgery.  I woke up after having major surgery.  They performed a bowel resection due to something called Meckel's Diverticulum . I had never heard of it before, but evidently I was born with it and it is closely related to the appendix.  My appendix was removed when I was 15.  Since my resection last year, I have been diagnosed with Crohn's via the capsule endoscopy.  It sounds like your wife has had all the test possible and thankfully everything has come back benign.  I wish her luck with this.  I know how hard it is to have these problems and not know what is causing them.