Abnormal Enzyme Levels AST ALT ALK PHOS
I recently had blood work done to check everything before beginning hormone therapy (testosterone) and all of my results were normal except the following:
ALT: 90 U/L
AST: 85 U/L
ALK PHOS: 32 U/L

the listed normal ranges were ALT 30-65u/l, AST 15-37u/l, and ALK PHOS 50-136u/l.

I have no symptoms, only the weird lab results. My doctor had me get an upper right quadrant ultrasound and that came back completely normal. She has now told me to see a gastroenterologist to try to figure out if anything is going on before she will approve me to start hrt.

The only medical issue I have is kidney stones. I'm 20 years old and I've had 4, of which 2 were in the last year. This seems to be hereditary, as my mother gets them as well.

What are possible causes of these levels? Could my kidney stones be related? What will seeing a gastroenterologist help diagnose or rule out, and what tests will they perform?
A GI can check your liver for Fatty Liver and your gallbladder function. You go a diet for Fatty liver (NAFLD). Mine AST and ALT were elevated like yours. I lost 20 poiunds and my labs were back to normal in 6 months.
Reta