Anal bleeding without pain (no blood in the stool) 18M
Hi, I am an 18 year old male and recently (a little less than a week I think) I have had anal bleeding (small amounts of blood coming out with my stool - none in the stool as far as I can tell). It all started (which may be irrelevant) when I drank a tad too much on new years (yes it is legal; I am from Canada). I have also had an increase in the "ease" of passing the stool (comes out extremely fast). All of this is accompanied with no pain.

Would it be hemorrhoids? Is it worth making a trip to the doctor?

Thanks.

Rectal/anal bleeding is never normal and should always be medically investigated.  Type in rectal bleeding to google and click on to one of the many sites - the Medicinenet site is particularly informative.  Then you will be better informed for your discussion with your doctor.

Most probably the cause will be one of the minor ones - such as haemorrohids, anal fissure etc - but if your doctor is at all vague or uncertain then, for absolute reassurance, you might like to request a colonoscopy.

regards
Morecambe