Bloating, LG Fever
I have had stomach bloating mostly after I eat for several months now. I took medicine but it did not respond to it. I also have had a low grade fever for several months. And this morning, I noticed a small amount of blood and mucous in my stool. My doctor first thought this was gastritis. What do you think? I'm worried it might be cancer. I plan on having an endoscopy.
My first thought would not be cancer but other conditions of the colon and digestive system, usually identified in a colonoscopy. Stools with blood and mucus are often a classic sign of crohn;s disease or ulcerative colitis. Crohon's can cause bloating after you eat, low grade fevers, and fatigue, so the symptoms do fit. But this doesn;t mean you have it, you are clear until the tests prove otherwise! I don't think this is gastritis since this has been going on for several months, you havn't responded to medications, and because of the stool you mentioned. Since this is the case, I don't think the endoscopy will show much and I would actually talk to your doctor about switching to a colonoscopy due to the recent stool you passed and your concern for digestive disorders such as Crohns. You may get a referral to a GI specialist, which would be the best scenario. So either way, I would call your doctor and make another appointment to discuss this knew finding and your knew concerns, and hopefully get you on the schedule for a colonoscopy so you can get a diagnosis sooner rather then later. I trully hope you find some releif soon, and wish you good luck and best wishes!

Sara RN :)