Gastroenterology Community
CT scan shows spots on the liver

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

CT scan shows spots on the liver

I was having severe indigestion, heart burn, bloating and pain in my stomach.  I had an EGD and was diagnosed with a duodenal ulcer in January.  I was given Pepcid AC and or, Prilosec and told to "double up on them for 2 weeks" which I did but the pain didn't go away.  I began to have constipation.  I would not have a bowel movement for 4 days straight, then when I would go, the BM would be darker in color and softer than usual.  My normal/usual B.M activity was everyday.  The Gastroentologist then ordered a CT scan.  After only 3 days, the doctor's office called to tell me that I had spots on my liver and needed to have and MRI.  I was then given the diagnoses codes for insurance puposes and told to make the appointment asap.  I received the MRI order in the mail along with a blood test order which noted CEA and tumor marker test specifically.  I had the MRI done this past Friday and have not slept since.  I'd like to know what could be the cause of the "spots on my liver" and why order an MRI instead of another CT scan.  I'm really worried about this, especially because of the way the doctor's office called me and said " your CT scan showed spots on your liver, you  should schedule the appointment for MRI asap, we'll mail you the order for the test.

This discussion is related to Probable Liver Hemangioma.