Gastroenterology Community
Chest Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Chest Pain

I have a diagnosed case of GERD and 1st stage hypertension. How can I determine which one is causing the pain when I'm experiencing chest pain such as heaviness or shortness of breath?
hi, chest pain and shortness of breath is to be taken seriously everytime, first go to your gp and have them run a couple of tests on you ;ie EKG stess test, once cardiovascular disease is ruled out then and only then will you determine whats what, gerd and heart disease do have similar symptoms and many people rush to the e.r. thinking that they are have heart troubles, when in fact it turns out to be gerd. but its always better to be safe then sorry, so go get tested a.s.a.p. cheers.