Aa
A
A
Close
Chronic Appendicitis
Hey, I've been dealing with chronic pelvic pain...right lower quadrant pain for about 10 years. Several ultrasounds, MRI, laproscropy, colonscopy. Nothing found. I do have 3 fibroids, and doctors say it is hard to think fibroids are causing that pain that I'm having. For about 14 days every month, I have extremely bad cramps...they usually wake me up a night, sometimes, night sweats. Sometimes, I have to take Vicodin. Pain gets better after a bowel movement. So, now the doctor wants to remove my fibroids and my appendix. Was told I may have chronic appendicitis. The pain is cyclic.....begins around the 9th day after my cycle stops and peaks until it's time for another one. I'm thinking I may have chronic appendictis, and the fibroids are part of the problem too. I just want to feel better.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1711789 tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, it is very difficult to assess the situation online without a detailed clinical evaluation and without a definite diagnosis at hand it is difficult to suggest a management plan. The described symptoms could be related to issues related  to the GI/ GU tract, hormonal/ endocrine issues, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. If no definite cause if found removal of the fibroids may be an appropriate next step after getting a hormonal evaluation. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating doctor.  
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources