Chronic Appendicitis
Hey, I've been dealing with chronic pelvic pain...right lower quadrant pain for about 10 years. Several ultrasounds, MRI, laproscropy, colonscopy. Nothing found. I do have 3 fibroids, and doctors say it is hard to think fibroids are causing that pain that I'm having. For about 14 days every month, I have extremely bad cramps...they usually wake me up a night, sometimes, night sweats. Sometimes, I have to take Vicodin. Pain gets better after a bowel movement. So, now the doctor wants to remove my fibroids and my appendix. Was told I may have chronic appendicitis. The pain is cyclic.....begins around the 9th day after my cycle stops and peaks until it's time for another one. I'm thinking I may have chronic appendictis, and the fibroids are part of the problem too. I just want to feel better.
Hi there!

Well, it is very difficult to assess the situation online without a detailed clinical evaluation and without a definite diagnosis at hand it is difficult to suggest a management plan. The described symptoms could be related to issues related  to the GI/ GU tract, hormonal/ endocrine issues, neuro-muscular causes, growths/ masses etc. If no definite cause if found removal of the fibroids may be an appropriate next step after getting a hormonal evaluation. I would suggest discussing the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating doctor.  
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!