Gastroenterology Community
Chronic gastritis, no answers
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic gastritis, no answers

I have had abdominal problems for about three years now and no doctor has been able to help me. From September, 2007, to March, 2008, I had every test my GI doctor could think of, resulting in me having my gallbladder removed due to a low ejection fraction. After the surgery, I felt much better and gained back the twenty pounds I'd lost during my ordeal.  The only strange thing was that I could never get of Prevacid, the PPI I was given before my gallbladder was removed. I was always told by my doctors, if you feel good taking Prevacid, by all means, take it. So I did, 30mg each morning.

Then, in August of 2009, I started having terrible burning in my stomach. An endoscopy showed inflammation and I was told to double my Prevacid dosage. This worked, I thought, but then a month later everything came crashing down and I've never been the same since. As it is now, I've lost twenty-five pounds and I can hardly eat anything. I'm nauseous no matter what I eat, every day. The "lifestyle" change does not apply to me, believe me, I'm twenty years old, a former athlete, and I haven't had a soda/pizza/chocolate/spaghetti/etc. in absolutely forever. I don't have an eating life, I can't eat out at restaurants, at college. It's a nightmare. I'm on a strict organic food diet right now as requested by my doctor.

All I know is that I've have six endoscopies and every single time they find that I have 'chronic' gastritis and a slight hiatal hernia. No medicine fixes my gastritis, no diet. Every week I'm sinking further and further downhill and no one can figure out why. Blood tests are normal. CT is normal. Bravo endoscopy shows that my "reflux" is controlled on my medicine. Why do I have reflux in the first place, though, with my lifestyle? No one can find anything and I don't know what to do. Did something happen during my gallbladder surgery?

ANY kind suggestions would me much appreciated. Any rare diseases out there, or infections? (Not H. Pylori, though, because I've been tested five times.) Has anyone gone through this?