Gastroenterology Community
Chronic upper GI problem
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic upper GI problem

I can no longer lift weights or do any exercises that cause strain on the abdomin (abdomen) because it will trigger some kind of flare up in my upper GI.  Last thanksgiving i did 3 sets of 20 pushups then ate an hr later...after this is was in extreme discomfort for 6 months...belching, heaviness after meals, nausea and the need to constantly swallow and clear what felt like mucous in my throat. This thanksgiving i was playing with my niece...she gave me some gentle punches in my upper abdomin (abdomen) and i tensed up my ab muscles...now once again i am burping and in extreme discomfort after meals.  I am underweight, skinny and am very frustrated because I used to love to lift weights and was in such amazing shape.  Thats all over now. Also cant eat large meals or eat too fast cause it will trigger the problem.  I had an endoscopy 5 yrs ago and it was negative and my new doc thinks i just have a motility issue. I still cant find answers and have to walk on eggshells constantly because i never know when my problem will flare up.  Its destroying the quality of my life.  Can anyone help? My mother and aunt both have hiatal hernias but my endoscopy didnt show one 5 yrs ago, but that may have changed.  Would appreciate any feedback.  Thanks so much
Unfortunately, I can' be of much help with your specific symptoms. But, I would suggest getting other tests done. Did these symptoms start 5 years ago? Or did you get an endoscopy for something else?
I would get another one done, but also maybe an mri and ct scan of the abdomen. It could be a muscle problem, or possibly something to do with one of the organs (spleen, gallbladder, apendix, etc)
Does this only happen at Thanksgiving?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank