Gastroenterology Community
Complications two months after Surgery.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Complications two months after Surgery.

I have a previous posting explaining what happened to me it's labeled: Bad Accident. Brief overview, I was hanging a picture and I placed the I screw between my lips so I would have both of my hands free. I was chewing gum at the same time and out of the blue it falls into the back of my throat it was either choke on it or swallow. I swallowed it I rushed to the emergency room, where I had to wait eight hours for them to do something about it. Well during this long weight my abdomen puffed up and got rigid, so they rushed me into surgery and cut me from sternum to belly button. When they got inside they couldn't find the screw so they got the fluoroscope and found it in my duodenum and once they found it the forced the sharp screw backwards into my stomach, they cut my stomach open and pulled it out. That is a brief overview. Well about four days ago I went to pick up my book bag and as I was lifting it I felt a tearing sensation in my abdomen and then a sharp excruciating pain tear through my abdomen. I laid down and waited for the pain to pass and when I stood up I noticed my abdomen was getting bigger and when an hour passed my abdomen was extremely distended and a hour after that I looked like I was nine months pregnant and my belly is rigid and hard. I got scared and didn't know what to do, so I called the surgeon and of course when you need someone really bad they become impossible to reach. Well my surgeon is on vacation until Monday and I told them what my problems where and the nurse asked the doctor covering for my doctor what I should do and he said "oh it can wait until Monday when your doctor gets back". Every since my surgery I have been vomiting blood and coffee rounds and have been in extreme pain. Well I couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital where they did tests and blood work. Everything was normal except they say I am constipated. But while waiting to get into a room I rushed to the bathroom and started vomiting copious amount of blood and blood clots. I called the nurse in and she just grabbed the bucket and flushed the vomit down the toilet and I had a rag that I wiped my mouth with and it was bloody, she snatched that away too. Well I finally got admitted to stay overnight, and when the doctor came to see me I asked him if the nurse told him or documented that I was throwing up blood and he said no. She never reported the incident and I think made the doctors choice easier and not admit me. I had thrown up like four times but the first one was just bright bright red and a lot of it. Well I was discharged even though my belly still is distended, rigid and I am still in a lot of pain.  My belly is getting so big the scar from surgery is stretching and itching. I was discharged yesterday and now my abdomen is even bigger, more rigid and hard. I am in a lot of pain and when I do eat I just vomit everything back up. Since surgery a couple of months ago I have lost thirty-five - forty pounds and I don't know what to do now, I am getting worse and no one seems to care. Maybe is all in my head? But why do people ask my why my stomach looks like that or if I am pregnant? I just want answers I don't want to suffer anymore.