Gastroenterology Community
Continued Nausea

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Continued Nausea

Several days of nauseu has turned into weeks. Thinking it might be a mild virus it was just tolerated for a few days.  Over the counter Modine was taken, with little help. After going to a nurse practioner, an ultrasound of the gallbladder was ordered and revealed nothing. A complete labwork was oredered and indicated no problems.  Next was a nuclear scan, (hydia) (sp?) and it was normal.  I was told if neither of these test revealed anything I would have to see a GI specialist, but this does take time to get an appointment.  The nausea is there most all the time, and I can't say that its worse after eating for a few minutes after waking up, it starts.  I've taken Pepsid before eating to see if that would help, but it doesn't. I was diagnosed with IBS years ago, but those symptoms are related to stress and are very severe when they take place, and nauseu has never been related to these attacks.   The only other medical condition I have is occasional sinus/allergy issues, and mild mitralvale prolapse, and also a small tear in the aorta valve that is being watched closely by a cadriologist. I would really love to get rid of this ongoing sick feeling.  Any advice?  Thanks.