Controlling Pain from Liquid Stool
My wife lost her entire colon to cancer some years ago. They made a J pouch of small intestine and did anastamosis to her anus  via stripped rectum (IPAA) and she has always had frequent loose bowel movements, but not liquid.

For the past year, my wife has been having almost constant liquid pass and the area around her anus is just totally sore. Our new GI is treating it like IBS/Colitis with wechol and other meds.

She has been using various ointments and creams containing 20% benzocaine to control the pain. Not always successfully.

During a recent ‘scope she was found to have small ulcers between pouch and anus.
She was prescribed cortisone enemas, but she is so sore that she cannot insert the tip.
She called the GI’s office and told them and there has been no reply for a week.

Is there an OTC topical anesthetic that will really numb the anus so she can take her medication? Or is there another solution to this?