Aa
A
A
Close
Everytime I eat I get gas build up
Hi, I have ulcerative colitis and am on Asacol and prevacid daily.  I also take a probiotic pill a day and have started as well a gas formula daily supplement Ganesten brand.  I eat very healthy and not in huge quantities.  I notice with time now that after I eat I get gas build up and flatulence.  It really doesn't matter what I eat.  Anything will trigger it.  I do not drink caffeine, never touch fried or spicy foods either.  I eat lots of fish, chicken, lactose free milk etc....

This problem is becoming very uncomfortable and I don't even enjoy going out for dinner anymore.  The ulcerative colitis is under control.  I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago.  Is there anything that can help me.  Every day has become a battle for me.  There is not one day that I don't have this gas buildup.  The only way I won't get it is if I don't eat at all...

Thankyou,

Tiggy

This discussion is related to Problems with gas after eating.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi Tiggy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having.  I have been a sufferer of colitis and diverticulitis.  I have been doing a lot of research into the foods that I can eat to avoid flareups and think this might help you.  

best of luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank