Everytime I eat I get gas build up
Hi, I have ulcerative colitis and am on Asacol and prevacid daily.  I also take a probiotic pill a day and have started as well a gas formula daily supplement Ganesten brand.  I eat very healthy and not in huge quantities.  I notice with time now that after I eat I get gas build up and flatulence.  It really doesn't matter what I eat.  Anything will trigger it.  I do not drink caffeine, never touch fried or spicy foods either.  I eat lots of fish, chicken, lactose free milk etc....

This problem is becoming very uncomfortable and I don't even enjoy going out for dinner anymore.  The ulcerative colitis is under control.  I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago.  Is there anything that can help me.  Every day has become a battle for me.  There is not one day that I don't have this gas buildup.  The only way I won't get it is if I don't eat at all...

Thankyou,

Tiggy

This discussion is related to Problems with gas after eating.
Hi Tiggy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having.  I have been a sufferer of colitis and diverticulitis.  I have been doing a lot of research into the foods that I can eat to avoid flareups and think this might help you.  

best of luck