Gastroenterology Community
Excessive Air In Stomach
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive Air In Stomach

My dad has been experiencing excessive stomach/intestinal problems. He complains of too much air, at least once a week waking up at night with stomach pain. He is taking Nexium (40 mg) to relieve some of the pain, but some nights he still wakes up with pain.

My dad has also suffered a car accident a couple months ago, where he had to have surgery in the hip and has fractured his right calcaneus. He is recovering and starting to walk (good news).

He has gone to the doctor's office and they have done many examinations, but they could only conclude that it may possibly be an ulcer.

My dad does not include vomiting, nor diarrhea, cannot burp nor pass gas. This pain is so severe, that it is now attacking him twice in the night. Drinking tea, taking charcoal pills, and boiling chocolate kind of helps my dad, but still has problems passing gas and going to the bathroom. My family and I are not sure what to do. My dads eating habits are rich in eating foods such as oatmeal, rich, beans, fruits, vegetables, tofu, flaxseed, wheat germ, soy/almond/rice milk, nuts, gluten meats, others. He avoids red meat, pork, and many times chicken.

Not sure what is attacking my dad. I have been researching H. pylori, IBD, Chron's Disease, GERD, but I just can't pinpoint the problem. My dad has no allergies, but has high blood pressure problems.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It sounds like he needs some testing done.  Has he had a colonoscopy?  I would recommend seeing a gastroenterology and possibly getting an endoscopy and colonoscopy.  In the mean time he should avoid beans.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank