Food stuck in esophagus
When swollowing dry food and meat ie. steak it tends to get stuck in her esophagus in the area of the sternum, sometimes it goes down and water does not help much. Last night it happend again and it would not go down, after about 10 minutes and vomiting 3 times it came out. She thinks it could be due to stress, it started about 2 yrs ago last night was the worst it has ever been.
Any idea what could cause it or what it could be.....I told her an Upper endoscopy may be what she needs to see whats going on in there.
My dad has this problem to the point he has to go in the hospital and have his esophagus stretched out every few years.  He said the thing that helps him the most is to drink warm water (which I'm sure is very uncomfortable), but that it loosens up the muscles and helps the food go down (or up).