GERD, IBS, and Anxiety plus other issues...
I'm 29 (nearly 30) years old, and am having repeated problems which I just want to go away.

My problems began about 8 years ago, when I contracted Salmonella Enteritides, and since then I have suffered from IBS, lactose intolerance, and more recently, GERD; on top of that, I developed Hypothyroidism, for which I take Eutherox 75.  Lately, I've come under a lot of stress at work, on top of that my wife is pregnant, and I worry about every little change in her.

My average weight a couple of weeks ago was 87kg, then suddenly I had a massive diarrhea attack, my hands started shaking, felt nauseous, and in 5 days dropped to 83kg.  My doctor put me on Ercyfuryl, which is for killing off bacteria in the gut, and I stuck to a rice diet.  I started to feel better, but just to make sure, I went to see a gastroenterologist.  He ran some blood checks, stool checks, virus checks, and ultrasound.  I got the first results of my blood tests, and he said basic functions, including liver, seem fine.  I am weighting for the virus and detailed checks to come back, as well as the stool checks (they take 3 weeks).

The ultrasound revealed a slightly enlarged liver (by about 2cm).  The doc said this could mean everything and nothing.  I am immunised against Hep A + B.

Since then, I am nauseous again, and have been getting diarrhea.  I'm considering seeing a psychologist.

However, can someone please let me know if they've had something similar?  Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?  Is this all in my head?

Thanks.

A very nervous, Gary
I forgot to add; I'm always really tired lately.  And when I was losing the weight, my stool colour was dark yellow.  My doc said that would be related to the rice diet or it passing through me too quickly...