Aa
A
A
Close
GERD, IBS, and Anxiety plus other issues...
I'm 29 (nearly 30) years old, and am having repeated problems which I just want to go away.

My problems began about 8 years ago, when I contracted Salmonella Enteritides, and since then I have suffered from IBS, lactose intolerance, and more recently, GERD; on top of that, I developed Hypothyroidism, for which I take Eutherox 75.  Lately, I've come under a lot of stress at work, on top of that my wife is pregnant, and I worry about every little change in her.

My average weight a couple of weeks ago was 87kg, then suddenly I had a massive diarrhea attack, my hands started shaking, felt nauseous, and in 5 days dropped to 83kg.  My doctor put me on Ercyfuryl, which is for killing off bacteria in the gut, and I stuck to a rice diet.  I started to feel better, but just to make sure, I went to see a gastroenterologist.  He ran some blood checks, stool checks, virus checks, and ultrasound.  I got the first results of my blood tests, and he said basic functions, including liver, seem fine.  I am weighting for the virus and detailed checks to come back, as well as the stool checks (they take 3 weeks).

The ultrasound revealed a slightly enlarged liver (by about 2cm).  The doc said this could mean everything and nothing.  I am immunised against Hep A + B.

Since then, I am nauseous again, and have been getting diarrhea.  I'm considering seeing a psychologist.

However, can someone please let me know if they've had something similar?  Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill?  Is this all in my head?

Thanks.

A very nervous, Gary
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I forgot to add; I'm always really tired lately.  And when I was losing the weight, my stool colour was dark yellow.  My doc said that would be related to the rice diet or it passing through me too quickly...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources