Gastroenterology Community
Greasy Stool Bloating
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Greasy Stool Bloating

I have been having greasy stools, with bloating for about a year now. Sometimes I notice mucous in them as well along with undigested food particles.  I have had diarrhea that I have been able to somewhat control with imodium (immodium), dicyclomine, and and cloythomine powder. This has also slowed down the frequency of bowl movements per day, but the bloating and greasiness continues.

I have no pain other than bloating and have not lost any weight. I noticed blood in my stool one time. My GI believes that to be a result of hemorrhoids that came about due to the frequent bowl movements.
I am only 27.

I have had every test possible, and my GI has found nothing. Tests I have had include, Colonoscopy, Upper Endoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, CT Scan, Stool samples, blood tests for food allergies, and a HIDA scan.

My HIDA scan came back as an 85% and they had mentioned that my gallbladder could be overactive.

My GI has played it off like its not a big deal, but I am ready for some relief. Says its probably IBS. I feel like he has kinda just given up. Any suggestions?
Hi, as all the tests done are normal your symptoms could be due to IBS. If all the tests to rule out other disorders are done and found to be negative, then the diagnosis of IBS is made. IBS with diarrhea (IBS-D) has loose or watery stools at least 25 percent of the time; hard or lumpy stools less than 25 percent of the time. Try eating smaller meals or smaller portions. Eating meals that are low in fat and high in carbohydrates, such as pasta, rice, whole-grain breads and cereals, fruits, and vegetables, may help. Worrying about the symptoms can create a vicious cycle, making the symptoms worse. Try to combat stress with relaxation techniques or regular exercise. Try to include yogurt in your diet as it is a probiotic which replaces lactobacillus acidophilus (good bacteria) that helps with digestion. See if this helps. Take care.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank