Gastroenterology Community
Green mucus and blood in stool following cholecystectomy

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had my gallbladder out 9 days ago.  For the first 7 days post-op, anything I ate caused immediate watery diarrhea,  usually several times after eating.  Yesterday the diarrhea finally stopped being so bad and I only had a few episodes but not as watery or urgent.  I noticed yesterday blood in my stools and on tissue when wiping.  It was mostly bright red and there was quite a bit.  I have previously had hemorrhoids that have bled, but not recently. Today the diarrhea is gone,  but I still have the feeling of needing to have a bowel movement and so far today have not been able to.  Earlier today I felt like I was going to have diarrhea and went to the toilet. I was not able to pass much stool but the small amount I did pass was very soft and not formed, dark green, and there was blood again.  When I wiped there was  mucus like green remnants it was very mucus like and dark green, not like stool at all.  I also had red blood on tissue and continued to have to wipe several more times just due to the blood.
Please offer any advise.  I have not taken any medications and my diet has not changed over the last few days. Also when the doctor removed my gallbladder he said he had to remove a large amount of adhesions that were there from prior c-sections and appendectomy.   I am a 37 year old female with good health other than this.  I do also have heterozygous factor V leiden and took Lovenox injections for 5 days post-op.
Call your surgeon and report these symptoms even if it's a holiday tomorrow.  Somebody will be on call.