HIDA scan
I'm having a HIDA scan this week, and was wondering what to expect. Will the CCK cause pain if my gallbladder has a low ejection function? Also, what affect does bismuth have on the test? I have taken some tablets for upset stomach. Will this cause my gallbladder to eject at a lower lever than normal? Thanks for your help. I'm a little nervous for this test!
I just had the Hida Scan done on the 18th. I had a little discomfort with the CCK, but no more then the pain I am already in. Do not take any medications after midnight, the night before your test. They will ask you about your meds and over the counter meds before they do the test. The only meds I was allowed to take the day of the test was my blood pressure meds with a little sip of water. The test can take 1 1/2 to 2 hours. It's rather boring. Just relax and watch the screen if you can, it passes the time. If your gallbladder is bad it is bad, it has nothing to do with any medications you may be taking. Good Luck! By the way, I was nervous too, but like I said it's rather boring, nothing to be nervous about.