Gastroenterology Community
Help! Constant diarrhea, food poisoning (or sumptoms of), flatulence
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help! Constant diarrhea, food poisoning (or sumptoms of), flatulence

Hi,

I have been having problems with my stomach and have not given it much thought until i realized that i have had way too many food poisoning incidences in the past (twice in the last year, with hospitalizations, as liver function was compromised).   I have noticed that i seem to always have diarrhea (i thought, maybe, caused by intolerance to milk, though undiagnosed), flatulence, distended stomach and sometimes, though not as often, pain between my navel and my chestbone.   Not a week would go by where i do not experience some, if not all of these.   Would somebody please enlighten me as to what may be causing this.   I have been seen to by doctors during my food poisoning bouts and am looking at going back to my GP to see if he can do some check to find out what's causing alll the above symptoms.   It would help my discussion with my GP if someone can give me an idea of what may be causing these and any suggestion on what course of action with regards to investigation/treatment i can undertake... any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!!!