Gastroenterology Community
Help needed, very confused. PLEASE HELP!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi My name is Max and I'm 22. I went to have a endoscopy about 3 months ago( I want t o do another one!), with the results saying I have  Mild chronic gastritis. the thing is  my biospy was negative for H. pylori  and Negative for  intestinal metaplasia. I have been feeling fatigue for over 2 years(feeling sleeps parts out the day and tried), though not horrible, more than it should be since I sleep about 7-9 hours a day. I don't feel any symptoms of gastritis expect mild, achy abdominal pain. The doctor said it was nothing but it still doesn't make sense. I was given omeprazole 40mg. but isn't that for eliminating H. pylori. I need help. really worried about the long term for this I really feel like something else is the issue.

(btw I was reading the possible reasons and I am scared of what I read and how long it last! I hope this isn't the case! :( )
Hi I am going through something similar. I was given Omeprazole without any tests being done. I have had the endoscopy and everything came back clear. I am currently refusing to take the omeprazole as it seemed to make me worse in some cases.

You shouldn't panic too much, i was scared that it might be something major, but i have had that many things checked and although doctors don't know what it is yet, they seem pretty confident its not anything life threatening. If you are worried try booking a follow up appointment with a Gastroenterologist and see what they think. Also i have read a few people talking about getting tested for Slow stomach emptying, i am going to ask my gastroenterologist about this when i see him next month.

Keep your head up and i know how hard it is but try and keep your spirits up, the happier you are the easier it is for the body to heal. Make sure you get plenty of liquids and are getting plenty of sleep too as you will benefit from this.

Let me know how you get on :)  Take care of yourself.