Gastroenterology Community
Humira injections

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Humira injections

I had my humira injection yesterday but the nurse took out the needle before all the drug was dispensed, Should I wait for my next injection in two weeks.
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? The dose of Humira depends on factors such as the condition present, medical history,  weight or age of patient.  Outcome will really depend on how much drug was left in the syringe and how much was injected. It is strongly recommended that you take the medication as prescribed.Doses up to 10 mg/kg have been administered as indicated at  literature. (ref: ihttp://www.rxabbott.com/pdf/humira.pdf) If with doubts, inform your attending physician also for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.